On Wednesday, we gathered once again in the Classroom Building for an impromptu Lunch & Learn. Eddie wanted to catch up on some things and get us all on the same page before Fall Semester begins.
- Jim Condie is the new director of IS Operations. Eddie emphasized that he was the best candidate by far. One of the first things Jim will be tackling is setting up a framework for Data Center Training and related processes. This is something that will be developed by all of us, and it will serve as a good refresher.
- Posted Jobs:
- Senior Audio/Visual Engineer – Media Services
- Senior Systems Administrator: Virtualization – Systems Administration
- Systems Administrator I/II/III: Windows – Systems Administration
- Upcoming Jobs:
- Network Administrator: IT Physical Infrastructure – Networking
- Systems Specialist (part-time) – AIS
- Support Tech: Wireless (part-time) – Networking
- The tentative date for POB Projects to be fully up and running is August 15.
- Faculty returns August 17.
- Classes begin August 24.
- Labor Day is September 7 – a potential outage window if we need it.
- Brett is just about done with his service to PACE. We are so grateful and honored to have had one of our own representing us and working so hard on our behalf. Thanks for all you did and do, Brett.
- Brian is moved out of his old office, so now Brett’s team can FINALLY ;) start shuffling around and settling in in the BA-005 suite.
- During the Lunch & Learn, Eddie went around to each director and had them talk about any worries they had as the start of semester approaches, and what their major projects are.
Thanks, Eddie, for keeping us informed and on the same page so that we can be a more effective and conscientious team.