Jesse Gray, Scotland – June 2010

Tuesday June 1- Today I was assigned a new project. I am working to find out the possibilities to get a marina on Millport in Cumbrae. I have been getting contacts of Marina consultants to be able to figure out what needs to come together to make it happen. I have gotten some good responses. Right be fore I left Kenneth asked me to write his speech on NHS funding for Thursdays NHS amendment debate. (8:00-5:00 9 hours).

Wednesday June 2- I pretty much spent all day researching and writing Kenneth’s speech for the NHS. Since it was my first speech I wanted to make sure that I covered all the details so I wanted to get as much good research in that I could. (6:00-5:00 11 hours).

Thursday June 3- Today I continued on the Millport Marina project. I am going to meet with Martin Ladimer for a preliminary meeting next Friday to see what we need to do. He has been a Marina consultant for 30+ years and is keen to see a Marina in Millport. I also went to the debating chamber to watch Kenneth give my speech. (8:00-5:00 9 hours).

Friday June 4- I took the weekend off and we rented a car to visit various places around Scotland. Today we went to the castle at Kirkcaldy and then to St. Andrews. At St. Andrews we saw the Castle, the old Parish and the golf course where the British Open is played. We then headed Aberdeen and spent the night.

Saturday June 5- We headed off to Balmoral Castle and it was excellent. We then went to Inverness and had some lunch there. On our way to Inverness we saw a ski resort so of course we stopped and had a look around. We then went to Loch ness, but unfortunately did not see anything out of the ordinary. We then drove to Oban and spent the night.

Sunday June 6- We left Oban and went to Stirling to see the Castle. It was very nice and big (aren’t all castles?). We then visited the William Wallace Monument. We left Stirling and went through Falkirk to Kirkintilloch. This has significance because it is where my family is from. After Kirkintilloch we headed back to Edinburgh.