University Marketing & Communications: The Other ‘One Stop’ Shop
Since not necessarily everyone at UVU knows what the University Marketing & Communications department (part of the University Relations division) does and what services it offers, we thought we’d tell you more about who we are.
It’s our role to communicate the University’s mission and core themes from an institutional perspective in terms of marketing, branding, advertising and public relations strategies and campaigns. We work closely with the Office of the President to disseminate through a variety of mediums UVU’s unique identity as an inclusive yet academically rigorous regional teaching university that offers everything from certificates to master degrees.
But our partnership with campus clients doesn’t stop at the President’s door. Staffed with a team of award-winning writers, graphic designers and photographers, the department offers all the services of a private sector marketing and corporate communications firm.
• Our office writes, edits and issues University press releases to the media for all the colleges, schools and departments on campus. By University policy, all press contact, including press releases, is required to flow through University Marketing & Communications.
• We produce the University’s alumni magazine, UVU Magazine, for the Development and Alumni Relations division.
• We assist campus clients to develop successful marketing and promotional campaigns.
• We design a wide range of marketing collateral including brochures, booklets, posters and billboard designs.
• We provide video and audio (in partnership with Studio & Broadcast Services) capabilities.
• We offer a host of Web resource services.
• We create, manage and enforce UVU logo usage and secondary symbols.
As demands for our services have grown, we’ve added new key positions including communications specialist Matthew Reichman and project manager Curtis Puzey. We’ve also reorganized photography with Jacob Scott as assistant director and August Miller as photography manager. Studio & Broadcast Services has added video producer Marc Gingell while University Events director Mike Maughan has brought on Lauren Reichman as an assistant events director.
For the first time ever, the photography office has a new digital asset management system that allows them to email high-resolution photographs and other images to campus clients via a searchable online database. In the new process, every photograph will have searchable metadata attached to its file so that images can easily be retrieved from an online archive.
How do you get started? Go to www.uvu.edu/marketing and either contact one of our listed team members or fill out the Publication Request Form (or “gold sheet”) in the lower left corner of the page to initiate the process. For photography requests, call x8244 or contact Jac Scott at email@example.com or August Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perhaps you have a student success or engaged learning story idea for possible use in a press release or content in UVU Magazine? Give us a call (x8206) and we’ll discuss how your idea might best be leveraged to help share the University’s unique message.