Registration for ENGL1010 and ENGL2010/2020 Courses
• Prerequisite Overrides are not approved for registration of English courses
• Transfer credit must be received, reviewed, and posted by UVU’s Transfer Credit Office
• Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted as documentation of courses completed
• No exceptions
Please read the full details regarding the registration process for English 1010 and ENGL2010/2020
English & Literature Department
Effective: Summer Registration 2010
Please follow the process listed below when assisting students regarding ENGL 1010 and ENGL2010/2020:
1. Appropriate prerequisite scores from ACT, SAT, and Assessment tests
• scores expire every three years
• Remember—Accuplacer scores cannot be combined with any other test scores
2. ENGL2010/2020: prerequisite of ENGL1010 with a C- grade or higher
3. Transfer credit must be received and reviewed by UVU’s Transfer Credit Office
4. Transfer credit: Articulated ENGL1010 courses must have a minimum grade of C- or better; if grade is lower than a C-, student must complete assessment test.
• Remember, not every transfer course with a course number or course title similar to Introduction to Writing fulfills the ENGL1010 writing requirement.
5. Prerequisite overrides for ENGL1010: NONE, student must have appropriate test scores posted or college prep course completed with a C- or better
6. Prerequisite override for ENGL2010/2020: NONE, student must have completed ENGL1010 with a C- or better at UVU or equivalent course is input on UVU’s computer system and meets above requirements
7. By following the above guidelines, prerequisite overrides should not be needed for ENGL1010 and ENGL2010/2020. If all prerequisite scores, prerequisite courses, and transfer credit is currently on UVU’s system the student will also be allowed to utilize the Wait List function. Wait List Template with instructions available on English & Literature website (http://www.uvu.edu/english/).